AKM – AK4558 (32-bit Audio CODEC)A 32-bit Audio CODEC, the AK4558 is suitable for Audio Interfaces achieving high quality sound with low-power consumption.
Product NameAK4558EN – 32bit 2ch Audio Stereo CODEC with PLL
ApplicationAudio Interface, Electric Instruments, Effecters and Conferencing Systems
DescriptionThe AK4558 is a 32-bit 2ch audio CODEC with PLL that meets demands of DTM (Desk Top Music) users who enjoy music making and editing on the go. The AK4558 realizes both “high quality sound performance” and “low power consumption characteristics” by adopting VELVET SOUND architecture that has been widely adopted by well-established high-end audio companies. It is suitable for audio interfaces for personal computers, smart phones and tablets to make and edit music. The AK4558 is the next generation device of the AK4556, improving the data resolution to 32-bit from 24-bit and the analog characteristics while suppressing the power consumption about 30%. The package size is also downsized to a QFN package.
VELVET SOUND Architecture is adopted for DAC circuit.
- Low-distortion technology achieves industry’s best performance of -100dB as a DAC with 108dB S/N characteristic.
- OSRD (Over Sampling Ratio Doubler) technology greatly reduces out of band noises.
High Quality Sound Digital Filter
- Short delay filters, 5fs for A/D converter and 5.8fs for D/A converter are integrated.
- It reduces sound quality degradation caused by high frequency noise by reducing clock wiring on the printing board.
- 32-bit 2ch Audio Stereo OCEDC with PLL
- A/D Converter Performance: S/N 108dB@AVDD=3.3V; Four Types of High Sound Quality Digital Filter
- D/A Converter Performance: S/N 108dB@AVDD=3.3V; Five Types of High Sound Quality Digital Filter
- Microcomputer Interface: I2C bus
- Input / Output Voltage: ADC = 2.64Vpp @ AVDD=3.3V DAC = 2.51Vpp @ AVDD=3.3V
- Power Supply: AVDD = 2.4 to 3.6V (typ. 3.3V); TVDD = 1.7 to 3.6V (typ. 1.8V)
- Power Consumption: 18 mA (fs = 48 kHz)
- Operational Temperature: -40 to 105°C
- Package: 28-pin QFN (0.5 mm pitch), 5 x 5 mm